Exercise a good understanding of retail business processes and application usage to meet operational goals. Participate in incident & problem management and resolution for core business applications. Participate in project activities and assist in transition to operational support. Maintain consistent communication with our business stakeholders through the incident & problem resolution processes. This opportunity is open to interested students enrolled in a college or university cooperative education program to help them gain related work experience in the I.T field.
• Provide hands-on support for daily operations.
• Identification of chronic issue and escalate for root cause analysis
• Maintain service level agreements
• Maintain documentation. This process includes maintaining a knowledgebase and other system and process documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing across the team.
Required Skills and Experience
• Must be available for the duration of the mandate
• Understanding of database environments (Oracle, MS SQL) with capability to read, write and execute SQL statements/scripts
• Previous experience related to the retail environment would be considered an asset
• Good analytical skills with the keen attention to detail
• Good technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to correlate information
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to meet strict timelines
• Ability to learn quickly, maintain documentation
• Availability to participate in the after-hours work when required
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
Academic / Educational requirements
Enrollment in Post-Secondary education with focus on Computer Science program
Paid co-op work-term opportunities are available for students enrolled in recognized college or university cooperative education programs to work in their prospective fields. Co-op terms can be 4 or 8 months in duration and are available in all 3 terms of the year. Co-op positions are valuable opportunities to gain work experience in your related field of study and can lead to permanent employment opportunities. Current Co-op opportunities are available in technology. We are currently recruiting students who are studying in IT related fields.
FGL Sports Ltd. is Canada's largest national retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand-name and private-brand products, operating stores from coast to coast, under the following corporate and franchise banners: Sport Chek, National Sports, Sports Experts, Intersport, Atmosphere, and Pro Hockey Life. FGL Sports Ltd. also has websites for several of its corporate and franchise banners which can be accessed through its main website at www.fglsports.com.