Business Unit for this Role – This position is based at FGL Sports
FGL Sports Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and employs thousands of people across Canada. Today, FGL Sports is Canada’s largest retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand name and private-brand products across all category price points, operating stores from coast to coast under six corporate banners and is also a franchisor under 11 franchise banners.
Our Company’s attributes can be summarized as emanating from one principal thing – scale. Our size, and our strategy of using that size to our advantage, influences everything we do. Our banners provide unparalleled value to the Canadian consumer because of our extensive product mix and great price points. We truly have a banner and product offering to suite everyone in Canada.
Our Calgary corporate office is located outside of the downtown core and provides a casual, fun, and relaxed atmosphere. We offer an onsite fitness facility, free parking, competitive compensation package, and a comfortable environment.
As a key member of the Information Technology (IT) team, the Administrative Assistant will provide superior administrative support to the AVPs, Information Technology. This individual will be responsible for the smooth operation of the AVPs and their teams and will act as the first iT point-of-contact to individuals both internally and externally. Acting with a high degree of independence, the Administrative Assistant prepares and coordinates the distribution of incoming and outgoing general correspondence, agendas and file management that are deemed highly confidential and sensitive in nature. This role also maintains and manages the AVPs’ business needs including calendar management, email triage and assistance in the research and preparation of presentations and reports.
• Maintain and proactively manage AVPs business needs, ensuring all information received is timely, accurate and relevant
• Manage and maintain AVPs’ calendar, scheduling all meetings according to the known priorities of the AVPs, applying discretion as to how the AVPs time is accessed
• Triage AVPs’ e-mail, efficiently reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions and reports; prioritizing required responses for the AVPs and preparing various forms of outgoing correspondence
• Display a high degree of business acumen, as well as the capacity to influence others on behalf of the AVP. Accept the delegation of “less consequential executive tasks” from time to time.
• Book all travel and meeting needs and provide a detailed itinerary
• Source out and book appropriate locations for vendor meetings
• Maintain and submit AVPs monthly expenses
• Research, locate appropriate various information upon request that supports various business needs of the AVP
• Provide support to other iT AVPs while onsite (cross support with Mark’s AA)
• Reception for the iT building, responsible for greeting all guests and contacting their appropriate parties.
• Maintain and manage all stationery and coffee supply levels for the iT department.
• Manage all building-related inquiries and issues, coordinating proper maintenance, repairs and upgrades, including monthly safety walkthrough and maintenance of the building’s MSDS sheets.
• Monitor building security and surveillance, monitoring any alarms being set off after hours.
• Provide support to the AVPs’ respective teams including acquiring FOBs/Key Cards; assets (laptops; desk phones; cell phones); expense report submission; assisting with boardroom requirements (lunch orders; bookings)
• Providing monthly departmental head count numbers to Canadian Tire, while working with other department admins ensuring accurate numbers for Head Count
• Maintain and update FGL iT departments Floor Plan
• Maintain master team/email distribution list and assist in distributing department announcements
Provide backup to the Executive Assistant to the VP in his/her essential responsibilities, and act proactively as part of the administrative team to ensure all administrative functions are supported.***
• Building trust
• Customer focus
• Contributing to team success
• Planning and organizing
• Quality orientation
• Managing work (includes time management)
• Information monitoring
• Three to five years’ experience in an administrative/professional support function in a fast-paced environment, dealing with complex issues, and managing conflicting priorities
• Post-Secondary education (diploma or degree) is desired but not required
• Ability to organize business information and develop it into cohesive, professional reports and presentations
• Ability to recognize and respond to business related issues within the scope of the material
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency; proactive; can think outside the box; ability to establish themselves as the “go to” person in the absence of the AVPs
• Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines
• Very proficient administrative skills and ability to coach and mentor junior staff
• Moderate Level PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to deal with internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive materials and information in an appropriate manner
• Some flexibility in hours required