Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives.
The inspiration begins with you.
At SportChek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
STORE GENERAL MANAGER (Full-Time) - Huntsville
The Store General Manager is responsible for maximizing the net profit of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. This is accomplished through ensuring optimal customer experiences, maximizing sales, expense and cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets. The incumbent is an ambassador of active lifestyles and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of FGL’s Leadership Brand.
What you’ll do
• Enforces delivery on the Game Day Service Standards:
• Greet & Approach - Ask & Assess - Make recommendations - End the sale
• Provide feedback/coaching to staff using SPH Report, Huddles and perfomance evaluation programs
• Meets established Mystery Shop rating expectations
· Demonstrates and follows up on execution of FGL visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards
· Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes and department POP as per Playbook resulting in 100% system pricing including weekly prices sweeps
· Leads creation and execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal merchandising plan
· Responsible to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control
· Oversees preparation for annual inventories
· Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures
· Ensures processes and systems are followed for the execution of tech shop service programs, including maintenance and compliance standards
· Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions
· Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
· Follow up to ensure execution of daily game plan for the department and store
· Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
· Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information
· Completes and holds team accountable to complete required FGL Sports training within timeframes.
· Facilitate and lead team meetings
· Ensure execution of the customer experience, and provides resolution for all customer concerns
· Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintains a complete team
· Create succession plans through continuous training and development
· Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc
· Maintain FGL performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary
· Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially
· Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment
· Provides mentorship to teams and influences continuous growth, exemplifying FGL’s Leadership Brand
· Achieves personal sales goals and drives store sales
· Store sales at or above budget
· Shrink at or below target
· Payroll at or below budgeted pay %
· Expenses at or below budgeted %
What you’ll get
· Competitive salary
· Discounts on all the latest gear
· A fun, fast paced team environment
· Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
· Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
· Proven ability to build and manage a daily game plan for the department and store
· Exceptional communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Superior training and mentoring skills
· 3-5 years retail experience managing (big box) required
· High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
· Fundamental computer skills an asset
At SportChek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. SportChek is Canada’s largest active lifestyle retailer, with over 150 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy active lives? Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted.
"Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. require all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check."