A Service Desk Professional’s primary role/responsibilities are to provide our Mark’s clients with proficient first level technical support and incident resolution for hardware/software issues that cover a variety of platforms. Including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
Service Desk Professionals will be focused on first call resolution of client requests and incidents by providing Remote Desktop Management resolution of less complex Point of Sale device issues, desktop and software issues over the network.
Service Desk Professionals are expected to use current available Incident/Call tracking tool, Service Now to resolve Mark’s client incidents. Service Desk Professionals assist in maintaining and improving client service levels, client satisfaction, and have a high quality customer delight attitude.
• Serves as the key technical reference when troubleshooting and operating technology components
• Customer Service Representative: client focused ; committed to quality service
• Service oriented with expert communication skills (both verbal and written) in dealing with all Mark’s clients and all support groups
• Quality Assurance Specialist
• Experience using remote control technologies for managing mobile devices (example: Personal Device Terminals), Server and POS Registers ; experience using a Remote Desktop Management Tool (ie. SMS, Tivoli) for software distribution to desktops
• Skilled to work with vendors for ordering and/or troubleshooting equipment, software, and data lines
• Familiarity with Incident/Call tracking tool (Service Now preferred)
• Strong team player
• Self-motivated/demonstrates initiative
• Ability to be flexible with hours of work ; must be willing to be on call
Required Skills and Experience
• 3+ Years’ experience supporting an end user computing environments
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a retail environment
• Superior troubleshooting skills for Retail devices (Personal Device Terminal, Access Point Units, Registers, Receipt Printers)
• Microsoft suite of products, Operating System software and application software
• Windows Operating systems – XP and Windows 7 Experience
• Ability to support users in a Microsoft Office 2010 environment
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Domains
• Familiar with Citrix infrastructure components and Clients for troubleshooting
• Experience with Microsoft exchange / Outlook configurations for troubleshooting
• Analytic / Problem solving Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Bilingual (French/English). - preferred
• 2 year diploma in technology or equivalent
• Work experience in a Service Desk environment
• College education in computer technologies
• Excellent knowledge of store cash registers hardware
• Strong hardware and networking experience
• Excellent analytical and synthesis capacity
• Able to make good decision under pressure
• Fast learner with strong ability to mentor others
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to prioritize activities
• Able to remain positive in all circumstance
• Must have a high level of confidence in own abilities
• Builds Trust and Credibility by consistently adhering to the organization’s business principles and values. Is seen as direct, truthful, and trustworthy by co-workers, vendors, and customers.
• Committed to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives.
• Demonstrates a desire to help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs. Is proactive, responsive, and focused on discovering, anticipating, and exceeding the customer’s needs.
• Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives. Considers the wider team, function, banner or the organization and takes action or makes decisions which support the success of those groups.
• Recovers quickly after change, disruptions, or mistakes and can remain productive and focused. Is adaptable and can apply lessons learned in one situation to another situation.
• Is capable of gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions. Is authentic and persuasive in providing solutions and arguments that positively impact business decisions.
• Clearly conveys thoughts, opinions and feelings – both verbally and in writing. Listens attentively to others’ point-of-view.
• Consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities.
• Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and seeks new and better ways of doing things. Finds resourceful ways to solve problems.