Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives.
The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
CASHIER – PART TIME
As a Cashier, you are the first and last point of contact for our customers. You’re the first person they see when entering the store and the last person they’ll remember when exiting. It’s your responsibility to leave a lasting positive impression.
Who you are.
Well, for starters, you’re friendly, energetic, and enjoy talking to people. Whether you’re handling a return or making a sale, you demonstrate a “no problem” attitude when dealing with customers and do everything possible to make sure the shopping experience is a positive one. You are responsible for delivering excellent service to every customer - whether you are processing purchases, returns, exchanges, or general inquiries. It also requires you to possess good math skills and the ability to keep a balanced till.
What you’ll do.
· Greet and interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner
· Ensure all transactions are rung through in a timely fashion
· Handle complaints, exchanges and returns in a professional manner
· Assist customers with general inquiries
· Keep a balanced till and clean workspace
· Ensure all policies and procedures are being adhered to
What you’ll get.
· Competitive salary
· Discounts on all the latest gear
· A fun, fast paced team environment
· Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
· A passion for your activities and a drive to inspire others
· Ability to build trust
· High School education
· Previous customer service experience is an asset (but no related cashier experience is required)
· Strong attention to detail
· Good math and problem solving skills
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s largest active lifestyle retailer, with over 150 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy active lives? Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted.